Where to start...

March 19, 2019

I have been wanting to get my hands on a blog for some time now but something was holding me back.  It could have just been the fear that no one would truly give a shit about what I have to say? Or perhaps they WOULD care? I guess there is only one way to find out so - HERE I AM!

Man, this is a lot to put into words that every "Joe Schmo" will understand.  Let me start from the beginning...I have Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer. Let me stop you right in your mental tracks - this WILL NOT be all "whoa is me" or "I went and got this treatment today".  I am NOT that broad.  I truly try to make the best of every situation but some shit just blows!  So, I plan on talking about the stuff that I have not seen discussed - how I found my cancer, the earth-shattering news that it is terminal, the fucked up appointment that I attended where I was told that I would not be having children, the annoying people that I encounter at appointments at times, the wonderful staff at the hospital(s) (for the most part), the bullshit that some of these hospitals need to change for all patients, the isolation that this disease affords me on a daily basis, dating (HAHA), body changes, hot flashes, dwindling groups of friends, and SO MUCH MORE! To me, nothing is off topic. 

So I hope you stick around and see what I have to say.  I would love to help just one person feel a little less alone. I always like to say that I am a "Collector of Good People" - there are definitely a few of you still out there!


Comments

Popular Posts